A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Wearing Peace
The "kids" of the Snowman Family that the neighbors, Will and Zach made this evening before all the snow melted. Thank You Will for taking the photo!
I loved the line "wear My Peace with regal dignity" and I honestly meditated today on how God's Peace could be both a beautiful delicate thing as well as so strong that it can withstand any onslaught. As I was putting on my clothes this morning I was thinking about what article of clothing I could think of that would be like that.
Wearing God's peace into the world of "getting even" with others, loving instead of putting up with or ignoring or hating, having enough peace to never fear death or loosing our loved ones; wearing that kind of Peace is like wearing a wild green scarf with a vivid orange hat. It sticks out. People think you are crazy. The honest trick to wearing things that are crazy and not "normal" is to really just embrace it. To love that hat or scarf or whatever it is, enough that it doesn't matter what others think of you, but that you really love wearing it.
Could I wear God's Peace enough that I could pray "Lord, let the events of today be whatever You want them to be so that I give You the most glory I can"?
Without God's Peace, that prayer could mean a whole lot of scary things could happen that would be devastating. Lord I am so sorry, but I don't think I can wear that scarf yet. I am willing to let you lead me into that direction. I want to be able to pray that prayer for real. But the sad honest reality is that I don't think I'd be able to give You the glory if the circumstances were really horrible. Help me to not just wear that scarf around the house but help me to be strong enough to wear it out into the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment