I cannot tell you how wonderful today was for me. I was able to have read the devotional early this morning and was meditating on the idea that I guard myself against self-pity by being preoccupied with praising and thanking God.
Praising God's amazing creative weather is all I could think of. I seriously had to get out and take pictures this morning after the boys went to school. Drew was happy to walk around with me for like 5 minutes. I think I have him in the background crying to go in after the 2nd shot. It was really really cold. I let him go in and watch me from the front door. Then Elizabeth showed up to take him for the day and I jumped in the car and headed down Jefferson Rd. OH MAN!!!! The phrase Winter Wonderland doesn't do it justice.
I took a lot of photos today, but the one I posted up there first took the cake in how simply phenomenal the frost of the day was. It wasn't just snow on the trees, it was individual crystals of frost. The closer I got to the frost the more I was impressed with God. I kept singing the song How He Loves Us. It really made sense that any self pity I might have would dissolve with a serious preoccupation with praising Him for the Love and Creation He has given us. There is that line in the verse that I just LOVE....
And I don't have the time to
Maintain these regrets when I think about
The way
He loves Us
Oh how he loves us
I guess that's it exactly. We don't have the time to maintain our self pity when we think about the way He loves us. How He can take our breath away with the scenery and give me a sweet kiss of love with both Ted and my friend Julie calling me to make sure I got out there and took photos.
What an amazing and living God!
Here are some other photos from the morning.



Love the pics!!
ReplyDelete