Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Daddy, will you rock me?


Well the photo doesn't do justice to the very sweet scene I saw 3 minutes prior to the moment pictured above.  I'm sure you can adjust it for yourself.  :)

Today I meditated on how God is "above all things" and He will always be available to us when we need to be pulled out of our "swirling events" and circumstances of our life.  Above all things.  Far above... in heavenly places even.  In some sense it is almost outrageous that my God, with all the power, strength, position, and authority, would take the time to let me come to Him with my silly little events and circumstances.  He runs the universe.  Is it kinda like a 3 year old tugging on the President's pant leg and wanting him to kiss his boo boo right in the middle of a meeting?

No.  I am not pulling Him from anything.  I have His full attention.  He is "home from work" whenever I need Him.  He is a daddy with an important and respected job who really wants to rock his 3 yr old and is overjoyed when his littlest actually asks for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment