Monday, February 7, 2011

Rest


What a Sweetheart!  Drew comes down this morning with all his "stuff" (seen in a pile there) in his arms and wanted me to pick him up and let him snuggle with me on the couch as I was reading.  I got him all tucked in and he promptly fell right back to sleep.  He did have the majority of those things tucked under his arms and in under the blanket, but for the photo (ha ha... could this be why my kids hate my camera?) I had to sneak it all out and let you see it.  

This does happen to be the one and only photo I took today (I honestly think this is a first) and I'm sure it is because it couldn't fit more perfectly with the devotional.  

Come to Me for Rest.  I really saw all those things Drew brought, as all the "stuff" I carry around with me... problems, ministries, joys, concerns... things both good and bad that I tend to carry around in my life.  The devotional said "let Me take charge.... start with where you are..... let Me help with the choices".  Here Drew, after you finish your rest, let me help you with your pile of "stuff".  Some of it needs to get washed, some of it you can wear, and that blankie needs to go back on your bed.  

Lord, help me to Rest and then let You help me sort out my "stuff".  

No comments:

Post a Comment