A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Deep Dependence
My friend Gillian came over today with her daughter Ascillia and we had a lovely time together. Ascillia is about 10 months old and just starting to get excited about exploring the world. I loved this photo of her to go with the devotional because she is looking at her mom who is seated in the kitchen.
Any 10 month old has a Deep Dependence on their mom. What a perfect image of how we are to be with our creator. The devotional today said "you need Me every moment....Your neediness -properly handled- is a link to My Presence.....Your inadequacy presents you with a continual choice - Deep Dependence on Me or despair..... make Me central in your thoughts".
Ascillia clearly keeps Mom central in her thoughts. Where is she? Has she left me? Is it ok if I do this? I'm hungry. I'm tired. Hold me. I'm hurt, make it better. I think the looking over at her mom in this photo is exactly what we have to keep doing. We need to be as dependent on God as a 10 month old is dependent on Mom -always looking to Him with continual communication.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment