Friday, February 4, 2011

Music to MY ears.


"Bring ME your weakness.  Accept yourself and stop worrying about how weak or strong you feel."

I love that my boys will play around with any kind of music.  They really don't care how good or bad they are with any of it.  I honestly love it all.  I love it when they sing.  I love it when they try to remember words to songs.  I love it when they strum randomly on out of key guitars.  I love it when they all just blair loudly on whichever instrument they happen to have, and it is just loud.

I know that must be exactly how God is with me.   My weaknesses must be kinda like a 5 year old on a clarinet  or a 9 year old on an electric guitar.   Actually now that I think of it, really I am probably way more like Drew on a guitar that helps you sound good with someone else doing all the actual work.

My voice for example.  It isn't even one bit my own making.  It is probably more like that guitar where I have God's help making me sound good.  I can't take any credit.  Any good that is there is only from God.  Ten years ago I would have told you without a second thought that I "couldn't sing".  Certainly a "weakness" that I didn't feel strong in at all, and HE took it and made music.

But I can guarantee you, that even from the very beginning, my voice was music to His ears the entire time -no matter if it sounded good to anybody else or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment