Saturday, February 5, 2011

One Good Choice for the Day


Will came in this morning and wanted to play Uno.

Ted left at about 5AM to go ice fishing, and I had a nice morning of sleeping in.  It really was almost 8 when he came in, so I couldn't complain.  So he and I played Uno on my bed.

I hadn't read my devotional when I took this photo so I can't pretend that I made this choice based on what I read.  It talked about Seeking God's Face.  The line that struck me however, was the one that said we will have thousands of choices today but that we can find as much of Him as we need.  One of my choices for today was to say "yes" to Will's question of "Mom will you play with me on your bed?"  I certainly could have let my worry of all that needed to get done that morning before others started to arrive or get up or need me, direct my answer to be "how about after breakfast".

I know my choice of Uno wasn't exactly a Seeking My Face moment, but it was a good choice that was based on love and not worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment