Saturday, February 12, 2011

Positive Focus


"Let Me be your positive focus" my devotional read.  How we can't let other things be our longing, our desire, or our focus in life.  For me, it is so very hard to have God be more of a focus than my family.  And really it is the "details" of family life that usually gets my focus off of God and onto myself.

Today was a rare Saturday that we had nothing planned.  This morning both Ted and I were amazed to discover that our Saturday could be anything we wanted it to be.  My focus went directly to myself.  What could I do or get done or enjoy doing.  I spent the vast majority of my day focused on things that certainly do not matter in eternity.  It was into the early evening that I even remembered to read my devotional.

I have a quote I like to try and remember "A holy and righteous life will not be accidental".  Having God be my Positive Focus and not being accidental with a holy and righteous life will certainly include me enjoying my family and include the details of family life; but today God was not my focus.  God, forgive me of my lack of intentionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment