A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
A Planned Trip
My devotional said "Come to Me and let Me bless you. Slow down. I'll take your hand."
My friend Kimarie had me slow down today and took my hand and blessed me. It doesn't get much better than that! To have God use a physical person to give me a tangible blessing I can't ignore. She was the one in control of the "trip" we took together and she was such a kind, tender hearted, patient guide, for I wasn't excited or confident about the experience she had in mind AT ALL. So many lessons for me I can't even list them all. Main one.... Because I was in no way wanting to take any control of the experience and totally let her make all the decisions -except for the few decisions she told me to make- I was able to actually enjoy the trip!
A couple of days earlier I heard a song with the line "have you forgotten whose trip you are on?" They were talking about the Israelites in the desert and the trip/journey that they were taking directed exclusively by God; and the implications being in our own lives... that we are on God's trip/journey. My life as a Christian is NOT MY OWN. I so often run ahead and get my own ideas and forget to let Him make the decisions and then I am not able to actually fully enjoy the journey He had planned for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment