A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Friday, February 18, 2011
Perspective
"As soon as you remember that I am with you, your perspective changes radically."
What a fun picture for perspective. Each one of the "Zachs" being a different attitude or perspective on what he might be doing.
I took a cool one of each of the 5 kids I took to the Children's Museum today. We did have a lot of fun today but Zach's "perspective" wasn't what it should have been in the morning. We talked about how sad it is that he doesn't obey sometimes the first 3 times I ask in a normal voice; that he waits until I have a "mean face and mean voice". How he hates consequences and how I am so "mean" to give him such "horrible" ones. And then the forced obedience with an "I hate you" look on his face.
I do the very same thing. I know I am supposed to do things when God asks me. So often I don't learn my lesson until I see cold hard consequences to my disobedience. Changing my perspective in how I see my disobedience to God actually as I type it out, seems so obvious. I mean why wouldn't I want to obey God the first time like I ask Zach to. Happily I might add. :) Is getting up 20 minutes earlier really all that hard that I have to whine and complain EVERY TIME? If I know I am going to do it -whether I'm annoyed or not- why wouldn't I just change my perspective on it and choose to do it with a good attitude? It is just a rotation a tiny bit to the right. Not that hard.
Lord Help me to remember that You are with me always and to change my perspective such that I want to obey you the first time with a happy heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment