A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Wanting Change
Ted came home with a really bad head-ache and I left him sleeping on the couch while I ran to parent teacher conferences. (I felt a little badly for leaving him at home with 5 boys in the house, but when I came home and found this scene I knew it must have been relatively quiet for the cat to have even settled himself in for a nap too.)
Today was the last Thursday in our Marriage without Regrets Bible study. In this lesson we were asked to take a good look at details of our kids and take an overview look at our family life and marriage to help ourselves think about where we'd like to go in the future. Molding our kids -but not crushing their spirits. Nurturing our marriage. I saw it as Purposeful Change. Deliberate Change.
Parent Teacher Conferences. Wrap-Up lesson in our Bible Study. Today's Devotional: "Your relationship with Me is meant to be vibrant and challenging, as I invade more and more areas of your life. Do not fear change, for I am making you a new creation..."
Noticing, during our Bible Study homework, with teachers, and in my own interactions recently........ with Zach that he is exploring what is and isn't a respectful way to talk to me as mom and to his teacher Mrs Campbell........with Will, in how much he has learned with his reading and writing and how far he has come in his emotions at home and where we are with his thumb......... with Drew that we need to keep making an effort to give him special attention when the other boys are around....... with our marriage that God wants to "invade more and more areas of it".
The line "invading more and more areas" sounds a bit unsettling. I guess that's why God wants me to not fear change and to remember that I do indeed WANT to be a New Creation and that I really don't want to be my old self and I do indeed want to be more mature in my faith, my marriage, in my parenting and in my life as a whole.
Sometimes change comes with purposeful and deliberate decisions, and sometimes it comes while we aren't paying attention. How when Ted woke up from his nap his head-ache was gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment