A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Look Up Here Please!
"Keep Your Eyes on Me!" my devotional said. How we take our eyes off of Him so often and look around us at our problems and feel tempted to give up or be consumed or loose sight of our purpose, and start worrying about what we see around us.
"Hey look here" I had to say like 10 times for this shot. I really did have to take 7 other ones to get this one at the end. The boys were allowed to have their Quiet Time in front of a movie this late afternoon and I headed to go sew costumes with a friend and Ted wanted to watch his news shows. So for this shot William was way more interested in what movie I was going to put in, Drew wanted to be "in the middle" and had to be tickled to get him to laugh, and then Zach just wanted to be done with anything photo related. But they were just so cute all lined up on my bed; I had to take a picture.
So that was my connection today. How I am so much more interested in what is coming just ahead of whatever God has me involved in right then that I don't pay attention to Him. How I am also preoccupied with silly details like where am I going to be exactly God, because I might not want to be just right "there". How if whatever God is asking me to do isn't something I LOVE to do, I get antsy to have it be over, to not have to do it -even though it is what God wants me to do, I'm all about myself and "this isn't what I like to do so can we move on please?"
I can just hear God say it.... "Keep your eyes up here please".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment