Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thank You for the Opportunity to Trust You More


Today's devotional was how I need to bring the things to God that make me anxious.  This evening Ted came home from work torn up.  The lives he touches there are so entangled in darkness they hardly see any hope.  In the picture, are the 2 things of IHS that I saw on the counter.  What makes me anxious?  Ted being sucked into the very pit of despair that he sees so much of at IHS.  Currently he can stand at the edge of that pit and still be able to show others the way back.  What a witness he is.  What a target for the enemy.   Tonight, Ted's heart was sad.

My line to him as we sat together was from a song. The line is;  "Lord break my heart for what breaks Yours".  I told him that for certain, his heart breaks for the very things that break God's heart.  God's heart breaks for those enslaved by drugs.  God's heart breaks for those who are abandoned.  God's heart breaks for those who feel hopeless and trapped in their life.  God's heart breaks for those who feel powerless.

Lord I bring Ted, our family, and my extended family to your feet.  Ted's battle is not against flesh and blood but against the forces of this dark world and the enemy who wishes to keep enslaved all those without hope and a future.

Ted goes into battle against that enemy every day.  I see so much damage that devil can do and know that it is but by God's grace and Ted's spiritual armor, that we are where we are.  Lord Your Peace seems such a rare commodity at IHS, that when Ted brings his Peace inside that building it gets robbed of him within hours.  I know that's not how Your Peace works, that it is a never-ending well from which Ted can draw from at any given moment, but........

Thank You Jesus for the honor and opportunity for both Ted and I to trust You more.

No comments:

Post a Comment