A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Trust me, I know what I'm doing, son.
Me devotional today said "trust Me in all times, in all circumstances and with all your heart".
When you are in 4th grade, and you have your first Take Home Science Test, and your dad used to be a Science Teacher, you might trust what your dad tells you to do.... trusting that he would for sure have your best interest in mind. You might trust him to give you good hints, to realize when he wants you to go back and look up a word or topic, that you probably have something a bit wrong. You might trust him that he really does know the right answer and he's just wanting to see if you know it .........
Or you might not.
You might have a couple of fits. You might ignore his advice and, simply out of anger, leave the answer the way you had it. You might get frustrated and say "why can't I just do it the way I want to!"..... or " you are so mean; I bet nobody else's dad does this". But the topper might be "if you love me so much, then why are you making me do it agin!".
Funny. I'm sure I've said each of those sentences to God. It is hard to look at myself and see that sometimes I'm still 9 and don't trust God enough to see that He knows what he is doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment