A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
God, You give Awesome Gifts!
This is a photo of both a miracle for Ted and a miracle for Myself.
The photo is of Ted's shed/barn sketch that He is letting some students in a building trades class at the high school build for him this year. Since I've known him, he really has always wanted a barn, a pond, and a windmill in his backyard.
Almost exactly 5 years ago this spring, Ted was turned down for the second time for the assistant principal job at the middle school. I clearly remember one late night with the 2 of us in bed and he was particularly depressed over it. I remember that his really sore spot was how angry he was that he wasn't "ever" going to have the money to build his barn like he wanted. I remember telling him that I really felt he would get his barn but that it would be from God. I remember I really did say "within 5 years" that we could wait that long and it would be ok.
Every once in a while Ted would make a comment about his future barn. I am almost positive -but I can't know his heart- but I really don't think he ever thought it would be as much a God thing as it turned out to be. I think he just assumed that WE would save enough money... which is easily mistakable to seem more of an "us" thing and not a clear "God" thing.
"You'll never guess what God did for me today" Ted said one day this year.
That sentence alone almost brought me to tears because I am sure God loves it when His children really notice when He gives them fun gifts. "I ate lunch with the building trades teacher today and he was telling me they were really looking for projects and could I use a shed or barn or something that they would build me".
Here's the best part! The devotional for today...... "Let the light of My Presence shine on your pursuits so that you can see it from My perspective. If your desire fits in My plans for you, I will help you reach it". I love that it was CLEARLY God who gave Ted the desire of his heart.
Ted's book on the table with those plans he was drawing this evening was a clear gift from God to me. It was after 9, and I hadn't even taken one photo yet for the day, and I came downstairs to find that. God, You are THE BEST! You give awesome gifts -to both Ted and to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment