Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Surprise!


Today was Will's after-school program "Big Panther Little Cub".  When I picked him up, I brought Brennon home.  Zach didn't come with us to get Will, so it was a total surprise for him when Brennon got out of the car.  I took this shot because the boys were so happy for such a great surprise!

The devotional today was again about how I need to stop trying to work things out on my own and accept the limitations of the day.  How I need to take each thing to God and ask Him if it is part of the day's agenda or not.  How I need to shift my thinking to realize that doing things that way makes my life uncomplicated and uncluttered.  Things are not judged worthy or not worthy of making it to my agenda based on my own analysis.  It is not complicated to have the same rule of thumb... "let God decide if that is part of the day's agenda or not".

Things get taken out of the day.... things that are not in my control, and some things that I could have controlled but didn't.... and things get added to the day that I certainly didn't plan on.  Realizing that I don't have to be the one to plan (aka: control) the day is actually quite freeing.

Surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment