Sunday, March 6, 2011

More Like Diney



"Continue on your path with me...... I am before you and alongside of you..... I go ahead of you and open up the way.... I work on your behalf".  Said my devotional today.

Will has a dinosaur from Aunt Cinda that he loves..... Diney.  We all had to laugh at poor Diney in this shot hanging on for dear life.  Funny how we all kinda felt bad for Diney as we saw Will darting and dashing and giving Diney a crazy roll-a-coaster ride.  Maybe that's why I don't often think of letting myself give up enough control to ride on God's back.  Like maybe He would be like William and take me someplace I didn't want to go... or make me do something I didn't want to do.... or I'd get tired and fall off and then where would I be?  

It was a good lesson to think about that.  Do I trust God enough to get on His back and let Him be my feet and hands (as mine would be too short to reach the ground and my hands would be holding on)?  He would clearly be in front of me, literally going ahead of me opening up the way and doing everything on my behalf if I were on His back.  I would have no control....except the control to hang on.  

I know in my brain God wouldn't be as crazy or careless as a 5 year old Will, but then again, I clearly don't trust Him enough to actually do it.  If I did, I would be able to say    "Lord I am willing to give You all the glory I can for today -even if that means something bad might happen to me or my family.  I know that it would be in Your hands and would be an opportunity to give you Glory".  

Lord I'd like to trust You enough to live my life totally behind You, letting You carry me like that prayer.  Forgive me for only being mature enough to take short rides every now and again.  Thanks for loving me in my shortcomings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment