Friday, March 11, 2011

Challenge for the Day



Ummmm yea.  This is what I find after my shower this morning.  William apparently decided his hair was too long.  "But mom, I could see it in my eyes and you NEVER cut my hair".  

Thankfully I had already read my devotional for the day.  "When I give you My Spirit, I empower you to live beyond your natural ability and strength..... that's why it is so wrong to measure your energy level against the challenges ahead of you".

I'm not sure you can imagine the "un"-natural strength and energy I needed at that moment.  As he hung his head and said "mom, you hate me".  I was truly able to pull out God's loving kindness (I seriously seriously seriously did NOT have my own) and tell him with a hug and a smile that I surely did love him a lot -maybe not all his choices -but I did love him.  I did take the opportunity to ask him if he thought he had mad a good choice there and I was happy to hear him say that no, he didn't like his hair now and that next time he would ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment