Monday, March 21, 2011

He is my Song


Tonight as I picked music for tomorrow's Praise team's practice, I took this picture.

Today I was thinking about the line from my devotional....."I am your Strength and Song".   It was easy for me to think about God being my strength.  Since starting to run I have really come to rely on the fact that God is my strength.  But the idea that He is my Song was something I wanted to meditate on.

If He is my Song then He is the one that gives me that sweet feeling I get when music moves me.  To think about Him being that movement and not the notes was new for me to think about.  To realize that God IS everything that has to do with music and song.  It was kinda like how someone realizes that it is not the cross charm on their necklace that is brining them "good luck" but it is God actually working... how even without that charm God still does the same working together for good.

Even without the radio, the music, the singing, God is my Song.   I could be deaf and I could still get that sweet feeling of the Holy Spirit washing over me when I worship Him.  That means I have His Song, with or without the music.

Lord, How Great Thou Art!

No comments:

Post a Comment