Thursday, March 10, 2011

You Are Mine


Today I thought about Whose I am.  I am God's.  "You are Mine" my devotional said.  When you think about that idea for a whole day it is quite amazing.

I picked this shot for the day because I thought a lot today how much Ted and I love our children.  Ted has had a lot of sad examples of parents not loving their children lately at work and he came home today and was pointed in picking each kid up or pulling them close and telling them individually how much he loved them.  Tears came to my eyes when he was doing that, as I knew the heartache he had had earlier during the day.

But our love for our children pales in comparison to God's.  He picked me out.  He called me from the darkness.  He paid my ransom.  He is the King of all Kings and yet I am His.  He is going to be worshiped at the end of time by every single knee and every single angel and yet He is going to call me over and pull me to Himself and tell me "you are Mine" and I love you!  I am so not worthy of that, but sure am happy I get it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment