Thursday, March 24, 2011

Prized Posessions


I knew today would be hard for me as I read my devotional.  God was asking me to release into His hands my most prized possessions.  I knew right away that for me it was my husband and my kids.  "In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in My presence, where you are complete......as you relax more and more in who I am, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possessions into My care".

It did occur to me that it really was ludicrous to presume that I -a mere human- could possibly assume that I would be able to protect my family better than God.

Lord, I know you are a much better parent than I am.  I know you love me with a perfect love that showers me more than I can know.  I know that you know the big picture on the protection of my family and I know nothing of your perspective.  I know all that, and I still seem to grasp tightly to my ideas of wanting everybody to be "safe".   I do trust You.  Forgive me of my sin of not giving you my family in that trust.  I really do want my family to give you glory no matter what happens on a day to day basis.  The "Big Picture" of that idea incites fear in my heart...what if..... what if...... but I CAN have a steadfast secure hope of something good in a smaller "Tomorrow" plan.  Help me to have actions to go along with that sentence.

Yes, I did take that picture on purpose for the blog.  I also took LOTS of pictures of the cool ice storm still on our trees.  It occurred to me that I could easily put one of those shots up for the day, but I kinda already gave photography to God and let go of that "possession" I had held onto, quite a while back.  I thought it would be cheating.

No comments:

Post a Comment