Friday, March 4, 2011

Constant Communication


Refuse to Worry.  Just don't do it.
My devotional today talked of how the best defense to worry is constant communication with God.  This photo is showing Drew and Micah (I was so happy Joslyn got to come too today!) together for the 4th day in a row this week.... following last week with 4 days together as well.  Talk about constant communication.  No worries about their love and trust for each other there!

Communication is the best way to improve a relationship -both earthly ones and heavenly ones.  The more we talk with the other one, the more we discover about them and come to enjoy being with them.  And how much more would I begin to trust God who is the perfect friend, and realize that worry is simply not needed.  The book The Shack is really where I first started getting the idea of developing my friendship portion of my relationship with God/Jesus.  He calls us "friend" in the New Testament and uses the word for love that is meant for good friends.

Worry is purely a result of a fallen world.  God never intended worry to be part of our life.  Adam and Eve never had worry even for a moment in the Garden.  When we get to the New Heaven and the New Earth, we won't have worry as a part of life.  It is really hard to find a close earthly relationship that we honestly never have to have any worries about.  I haven't had any.

Lord help me to not assume that You are like every other relationship I've had.  I realize that kind of thinking makes it more about me than You.  Arrrrg.  I hate that I do that.  I make everything about me -as if I am the star of my life.  I long to know You more in the sense of laughing with you; seeing cool things you point out just for the coolness of it -not to be teaching me or needing me to change, but just because it is fun; to see Your personality and just can't wait to spend more time with you because you are so fun to be with.  Maybe I could spend the night at Your House one night.  Now that would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment