I seem to be noticing more and more how easy it is to let others determine what my body "should" look like. Healthy eating. Moderation. Exercise. It honestly isn't easy to actually trust God to take care of my body -as long as I am not participating in gluttony, laziness, or lack of self control.
My devotion today was on how our trust in God is like a bank, and our deposits of "trust" that happen in the "easy" times help to gain the equity of trust we'll need in the hard times. Last year about this time I gave God my body, my looks, my health, the number that was on that tag of each item in my closet, my exercise (lack thereof), the lack of power I felt when I couldn't stop myself from overeating, how I'd tried everything else before, my constant complaining to others of my fat, how I would put myself down all the time in that area...... all of that. Watching God carry me through last year on that journey has put the Trust Equity Fund at quite a high level. I'm sure at some point in the future it will be lower........but........
How happy I am today that I trust God enough with my body that I could ENJOY these awesome cinnamon rolls my friend Elizabeth made for us!
Jan. 9th Enjoy the Journey and Live with Flavor
Today I had one devotional that was about how if God is for us, who could ever stop us, so enjoy the journey. The other one was how we need to live our life with FLAVOR. How God calls us to be the salt to others because salt brings out the flavor.
I think this photo has a little bit of both ideas in it. (How is God DOING that? How can I see -9 days in a row- how to connect my life in a photo to what He is teaching me?)
Today's devotion was on how God holds us Safe.... no matter what, and praying that for our children. Not asking that nothing bad ever happen, as that isn't true, but that God can and does always keep us within His reach. They can always reach out to Him as He is their Protector.
So Lord, keep each of my children within Your grasp. Protect them. Some may travel from Your ways. Some may need LOTS of protection. But I trust You can do a better job at keeping them safe than I can.
Jan. 7th Praising the Lord -even when we feel more like Drew....
My devo this AM was how there are 2 types of praise to God.... when we praise Him b/c of joy and when we praise him as an act of our will.
Drew is so sad in this photo because he found Zach's new soccer uniform this AM before school, and wanted one for himself SOOOO badly. It was one of those heart wrenching moments when he just covered his little eyes and cried "mom, when will I be big"? Both Zach and Will tried hard to help him feel better.
The program that Ted ran yesterday tried so hard to help me get my photos back. It just didn't work. I sent my computer with Steve Hale from Bible Study last night to GR to try and have someone look at it. The called today to say that for $600, he might be able to do it. Well I am going to choose, as an act of my will, to praise God for the many many many photos I do have and not be mad about the ones I have lost. I'll tell you, I really feel like poor Drew in this photo, but I am going to choose to praise God for this situation and Trust that He has a plan. I'm guessing that plan is for me to learn that photos are not what life is all about.
Or maybe the lesson is to listen to Ted more and back up my photos. :)
Jan. 6th Far Beyond what I could ask or Imagine
"Young Couples Bible Study" This group goes FAR FAR FAR Beyond what I could imagine. We started back in 1995 -back when we actually WERE "young couples"! The friendships that Ted and I have in this group are deep, Godly, and Oh so fun. We are honored that so many of our friends don't mind getting together once a week to Study God's Word with us and keep coming back for more! But wonder of wonders, it isn't just friendships and Bible Study God did with this group.......God had Branch Adventures in mind 15 years ago. There isn't one body from this group that we don't use in that adventure for Him. There really is no limit to what God can do with willing hearts and Time.
No comments:
Post a Comment