Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Peace


"Mom, will you rock me?"  Will asked just before this photo.  Obviously I said that I would love to, and then Drew wanders over and wanted in on it too.  I asked Zach to take a picture.  Earlier for nap, Drew had asked me to lie with him and while we were just talking on the pillow, he puts his little hands on my cheeks and has me "kiss" him nose to nose.  

I loved the line today that described God as being a supersaturated cloud showering peace into the pool of my mind.  Peace.  Kids certainly don't use the word "peace" but they know it.  They want it.  "Mom will you rock me?" is exactly the object lesson for me today.  To be nose to nose with God, to sit and get that feeling kids want when they want to be rocked.  

God's Peace.  It displaces worry my devotional said.  I was very tempted to worry today.  Yesterday I put some very deep and personal feelings right out on the line to some good friends in an e-mail.  Lots of temptation to worry and get self conscious.  After reading my devotional, I actually had the little conversation in my head of "Your Peace God?  Hey, I'll take some of that please."  I remember thinking to myself that it was very "Will" sounding of a conversation.  So 100% trusting that of course I'd give him whatever it was that he was asking for.  I do have to say that after that initial deep temptation, God's peace was with me for the rest of the day.  

I love the image of God -the King of the Universe - taking the time to sit on the floor and rock me.  But it is almost topped by the image of a supersaturated cloud showering peace into the pool of my mind.  Maybe it's the word "supersaturated".  You gotta love that word.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Oh hey look at this little neat window. I didn't know that I could post a comment. How cool! Kim you bless me with your insights and truth. I really need to get better at checking this every other day. It's like an added devotional for me. Thank you for taking this journey and sharing it with me.

    Love, Cin

    ReplyDelete