So after Ted's shower this morning, He went into the basement to find a waterfall. The kitchen sink overflowed and the water from the upstairs shower pipes were leaking all over the basement.
I had read my devotional early this morning before the discovery of the basements situation. The line was "you know that this day will bring difficulties and you are trying to think your way through those trials.... let me lead you and prepare you for those trials." Both Ted and I had to work at our emotions not taking over while trying to get the sink and basement worked on and 5 boys out of the house for church.
Ted was able to get everything back to working order and was able to make the service in time to sit in the pew with the boys while I was up singing. For that I was very thankful, but not near as thankful as I was when I was able to do the dishes when I got home! Thank you Lord for my gift of a wonderful husband who can fix the kitchen sink. And thank you Lord that today's difficulty was only a clogged pipe -it could have been much worse and I know I have been given a blessing of this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment