God equips us for the day ahead, but He doesn't always give us the exact road map. Man I like those road maps. When I read that this morning, my mind shot back to learning to read a map with dad in the car as a kid. I loved it. It is a control thing for sure. To be quite honest with myself, control of my life is actually just an illusion. What I really need is to just be ok with not being in control. I am not in control -God is. So (tipping my hat to dad yet again) "I can do it happy or I can do it sad", but honestly God is in control no matter what. I do feel comforted to know that as a Christian I can be equipped to be able to stand firm for each and every day and NOT FEEL overcome. It is really that feeling of being overcome that grips me with fear and makes me want to frantically claw at any spot I can for control.
Fun to think God equips us with a Sword to put down our pants each day. :)
All so true! Love that boy!
ReplyDelete