Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Surprise


Josie and Drew SOOOO dang cute as I kept playing 
"boo" and "surprising" them around the corners
when we were at Branch Adventures this morning.

Try to meet each day as an adventure specially prepared by God as my Guide.  Know that He is never dull and repetitive and expect surprises.  Try to have a thankful trusting attitude.

I remember being curious this morning about what my surprise was going to be.  As I was studying, I noticed a little paper that said "a Holy and Godly life will not be accidental".  I kinda had in my mind all day that my adventure these days is to seek that idea.... my Guide will help me be deliberate in seeking a Godly and Holy life.  Cool, but "what is my surprise Lord?"  Well, I had to put my hiking boots on again today as I had to head up a rocky path that wasn't much fun;  Will and I had quite that afternoon of power struggle. He ended up with 12 consequences before he finally relented.  I was calm and firm the whole time, yet fully emotionally drained.  At the end, my surprise was one small very cool piece of heart shaped candy (not the gross valentine's day kind by a good dark red chewy kind) that I found quite out of the blue.  I know it was from God.  I needed it.  God really is a good guide -he keeps snacks in his knapsack for the rest stops after a hard climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment