Thursday, January 27, 2011

Honoring God


My "mom" devotional talked about Honoring God today.  I had 3 wonderful opportunities to honor Him today with my time and a happy attitude.

1.  I had two young Christian friends come over for about 4 hours, and I was able to give them Truth, encouragement, breakfast, lunch and a bag full of food from my cupboard for their dinner.  It is such an encouragement to ME to interact with new Christians who are just ravenous for the Word of God and His teachings.
2.  Then an acquaintance called and needed someone to watch her twins -pictured above playing with the trucks- after school for 3 hours (that made 8 kids in the house for a while after school and it really was quite calm -Ted and I even had a nice half-hour conversation un-interrupted!)
3.  Then after dinner and the sitter getting there, I was able to honor God during our Bible study by being willing to lead the group while my dad is gone.    Reading Ezekiel and Hosea and digging into the Word about God's marriage to the ever backsliding and adulterous wife of His.... Israel...... was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment