Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Boss; Yes Sir


Today I was taking orders from my Boss -God.  How grateful I am that He is a benevolent dictator.  It's the benevolent part I'm happy about.  The dictator part I tend to gloss over too much I fear.

RJ came over tonight to work on Branch Adventure camp songs... one of which has the bridge of a childhood song -I'm in the Lord's army.... Yes Sir.  The boys were doing the motions and it was obvious that I had to take a shot of it for my blog!

"Fear the Lord and obey His commandments" is said more times than I can count in the old Testament.  Fearing the Lord isn't something we often work at understanding these days of the 21st Century -even for Christians.  It is a reverential fear.  Supersaturated respect  (to use that cool word I'm trying to use more since yesterday).  So much respect that I wouldn't dream of disobeying because I am so very aware of the consequences that could occur should He choose.  I think about a General in an Army.  Jesus is my General.  I think about my War Clothes from Ephesians.  I think about the personal discipline the US Army uses with their troops.  It occurs to me that I am in need of some Spiritual Boot Camp discipline.   If my Boss/General asks me to do something I need to not give any excuses and say Yes Sir with a good attitude.  As I typed that last sentence, it so crossed my mind that I asked that VERY thing of my kids -even just today.  Hmmmm.  I hate it when I see stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment