Monday, January 3, 2011

Refresh Yourself Kim

This is a picture of the cream Will picked out all by himself at the Santa's Workshop from school.  He was SO excited to give it to me.  He had "hidden" it behind the tree and as we drove away from Ionia to GR remembered it on his own and was very sad that it didn't get into the car.  We consoled him with taking it to the Paton Christmas.

I used it this AM.  I had a wonderful morning with William today.  My devotionals today were 1. to take the time to refresh myself in Him   and 2. to really drink in how much I am but a "bricklayer" in the raising of our kids for God, and really being a representative of the Lord as I am doing it.  I needed to "refresh" my relationship with Will.  The kind of refresh where I push the "reset" button and things get renewed.  But the kind of button that I only find when I go to the Creator of that child and get a "refreshed" look.  I am not in charge.  Ted and I have been given the privilege of raising these kids, and I have kinda lost my perspective on that William kid.  But this morning I spent about 2 hours really noticing him and honestly trying to see things his way.

He had a Dr. apt so he didn't have to go to school right away.  I asked him how he slept and he told me not well because he had had a battle with God and the devil in his room.  He told me about how he kinda when through the devil and came out all bloody but he won.  After repeated attempts to get him to say it was a dream, "no mom, it REALLY was real";  I went down a different road.  He was quite interested to hear that the next time he goes through one of those battles that he had access to a force field from God.  That because God was in him, that all he had to do was tell that devil that he was God's child and that there was no way he could touch him.   How God was WAY more powerful than the devil and all he had to do was tell that devil whose child you are and then the force field is activated.  "oh you mean like Star Wars on the Wii?" he asked?  "Absolutely" I reply.

Then later notice how he got on all his outdoor gear himself and then spent time on helping Drew get his on.  How when he stood still for over a minute looking at the car next to ours in the parking lot I finally ask him why and he says "well look mom, that tire has X's all over it and it looks cool.  Sure enough it did.  He wondered what the inside of his stomach looked like.  He noticed that someone had marked with pen on the side of the stool in the office room and decided that "well it must have been a baby because big kids only write on paper and besides mom look those aren't even real letters -ALMOST a letter w but not really - it had to be a baby".

So when I noticed that jar sitting in the bathroom, I put some on.  Refresh Yourself, Kim.  Cool.  I'll just hit this "reset" button I find right here in You God -thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment