A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
It CAME! It CAME!
Zach ordered a Wii game with his Christmas gift $ from Uncle Mike and Aunt Cinda. He had to use some of his own money, we helped a little, and he had to work for the last little bit as well. By himself he couldn't make it happen. But "Dad is the best dad in the world" (Ted is always prompting the boys to say that) and helped make it all come together for him...... and today was the day it arrived. Pure Joy when he walked through the door after school and it was there.
Today's lesson was on our dependency of God. How our weaknesses are where God is best seen by us when He shows up. We need Him. We know where we need Him most. By ourselves we can TRY to make "it" happen, but really, when we ask God what He wants of us and let Him show up in the very spots we can't do "it" ourselves....... that is when we get to see the joy of our own private miracle. It should be that same Pure Joy Zach had.... that jump up and down yell and drop our stuff to shout to our friends that "it CAME it CAME!" "He did it! God DID IT!" "He showed up! I know He did because I KNOW I couldn't have done THAT by myself!"
God is the best God in the Universe. Ok, so maybe Isaiah 46:9 says it better
"I am God and there is no other. I am God and there is NONE LIKE ME".
Yes the shouting all caps are my little addition :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment