Monday, January 17, 2011

Blessings


Both Zach and Ted stayed home sick today.  My blessing was to be able to make waffles with Zach and let him actually put everything together and make them himself -hot griddle and everything.  He wanted to take it all up to Dad in bed and we had a nice bkfst up in our room (at 11AM).  When we were stirring the batter, he recalled making a cake with me when he was Drew's age and that he remembered turning the mixer on up to 10 and the batter went everywhere.  I asked him if he remembered if I got mad at him or not, and he said no that it was funny and that I laughed.  THAT was my blessing.  :)

In my devotional, it talked about how we are to be thankful for our blessings and that if we keep our thankful heart focused on Him that He can weave miracles into our day -even into a mundane day.  So what was my miracle you may ask.  Well I had 2 actually.

I was doing my homework for class and right when I was needing assurance from God about the prayer I was writing out.... the song Blessed Assurance came on the radio.  I had to even smile as my eyes welled up with tears.  Then #2 was when I was at Save A Lot.  Zach had asked for GatorAid and I wanted to get it for him but not want to have to go to 2 different stores to do that.  I got all the way through Save A Lot and was quite disappointed that they didn't have any.  I was talking to God about it, and as I went through the checkout isle, there in the little cooler with cold drinks at the front of the isle was cold red GatorAid in individual bottles.  I didn't cry but I did have a big smile on my face and said Thank You to God for that one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment