Friday, January 28, 2011

"I am with you always" says the Lord


"So how was the exhibit?"  Ted asks me when I got home.  "Mostly sad to me" I told him.  Because I was meditating on how God is with me 100% of the time and what that means to me, I was thinking about that during the exhibit.  It wasn't really a talking thing, we each kinda went at our own pace and just read things to ourselves.

To me, sadness just ooozed out of most of the pictures and pieces on display.  They actually really tried, and did a good job, of NOT projecting her (Princess Diana) as sad and depressed.  But it seemed to me that she tried so hard with so many things and people and ways to find peace in her life -and meaning, that it was obvious that the truth was exactly the opposite...... she was sad and depressed for much of her life.  I wonder what her life would have been had she the HOPE that Christ offers us.  "I am with you always" says the Lord to me, His child.  That is Hope that anyone can have, and money and fame have nothing to do with it.   It couldn't buy her happiness.

What would His Presence have brought her?  I really thought about that.  What would it actually have changed.... her being a Christian and having a real honest relationship with her Savior.... would it have changed things?  So it is conceivable that it wouldn't have changed anything except her own attitude, mind and heart.  I mean it could be that no "history" changed, the divorce could have still happened, the media could have still been relentless and "caused" her death.  So really what really would have been the good of her really knowing that "I am with you always" says the Lord?

Even if nothing else changed in her life because of it; she could have had a life with peace at the core of her soul and not sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment