Friday, July 1, 2011

Heavy Burdens and Strong Shoulders


Today was the last day of Day Camp.  Drew fell asleep in Ted's lap during the Parent Program at the end of the day.  It was a PERFECT photo for my devotional today.

Being the last day, I had a zillion things running around in my brain this morning.  I had stayed up really late doing laundry, a schedule, gathering items needed for the program, and rocking Drew because he was devastated that he didn't get to go to the fireworks with the big kids.

My devotional said this: "As you spend time soaking in My Presence, you are energized and lightened.  Through communing with Me, you transfer your heavy burdens to My strong shoulders.....This time with Me is essential for unscrambling your thoughts and smoothing out the day before you."

I felt just like Drew; my day certainly could use some smoothing!  I needed to just really sink into God's strong shoulders and rest a minute there.  I needed to draw energy from Him, as I had NO energy on my own.  I transferred my concerns about the closing program, the storm that was headed right in our direction today, and the blown speakers, all needed to be transferred to His strong shoulders.

And just as Drew was not disappointed in his dad's shoulders for a nap, I was not disappointed in God's Shoulders to take my concerns and He handed me Peace every step of my way today.  The closing was fine, we used other speakers, and that big blob of lightning, thunder and hail went just South of us, right after it hit Lowell hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment