Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Glorious Adventure with Uncle Mike


Apparently, Uncle Mike gives the best tosses into the lake.  This is always a highlight of the kids when the dads come down to the beach.  This was the first year that even Will was gutsy enough to do it.

My devotional had me think about not striving for a predictable, safe lifestyle, where I control my circumstances, but instead to really trust God and know that my real security is in Him.  He longs to give me a Glorious Adventure, but I cannot keep clinging to my old ways.  He is always wanting to do new things with me and within me and I need to be on the lookout for what He has prepared.

If I am like the kids and God is like Uncle Mike,  I don't want to just sit on the sand when God is wanting me to come out and get wet and have fun.  Like Will, I need to conquer my fears and just try it.  Like Mike, God isn't going to throw me unless He knows I can do it.   It might be a little bit of an adrenalin rush, but He IS God after all, and He really is trustworthy.  Man do I just really like the security of safety, predictability and control.

Lord, help me to want Your Adventures.  Help me to see my fears for what they are, and to jump in and trust You.

No comments:

Post a Comment