We celebrated Will's birthday today (even though his real birthday is tomorrow). As I wrapped his gift, the yellow ribbon reminded me of the devotional's idea of having a cord of Hope connecting me to heaven. The lines were: "Hope is a golden cord connecting you to heaven. This cord helps you hold your head up high, even when Multiple Trials are buffeting you".
Today was certainly a Multiple Trial day. It was raining at the cottage today, with 5 children cooped up and noisy for grandma, An internet news video unintentionally slandered Ted's name, A person I was counting on let me down, and things for camp aren't coming together as I keep telling God they "should". Satan would just love it if I would let all these things get me down and want to just quit.
In an e-mail I sent, I put "God will make a way when there seems to be no way". That was certainly how I felt..... that there seemed to be no "way". I can certainly say that still having Hope, is a luxury that I realize not everybody has. Interesting to note that when the "way" seems more impossible, the cooler the miracle is when it happens....plus the more obvious the "way" had to have been made by God.
Thank you God for my yellow ribbon of Hope amidst the Multiple Trials of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment