A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Sunday, July 3, 2011
What's the Difference Dad?
Ted told the kids they could spend the night out at the bluff and watch the amateur fireworks show IF they "stayed in their tents".
Just after I took this photo, Zach started in with some whining and complaining about "why can't we just sit on the deck? Why do we have to stay in the tent? What's the difference between us sitting here and us sitting over there?"
Today's devotional AND today's sermon was about the difference between The Law as a Judge and The Law as a Guide. Obeying to keep the letter of the law and Obeying because you want to.
When I start asking God things like Zach was asking Ted...... "what's the difference Lord if I ...."; I know I am seeing the rules like a judge and not as a guide.
Lord, forgive me when I see the rules as something I want to find a loophole in, and not looking at them as Your way to burn away the things about me that are not of You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment