A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Friendships
Today we had an impromptu cookout after church with some old friends, newer friends, and others we wanted to meet. It was nice to spend a beautiful afternoon with all of them.
My devotional wanted me to think about my friendship with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and to know He is someone I can totally be myself with and trust completely. My God knows the worst about me, but also he sees the best in me too. Knowing that, it is clear I can be myself with God, and that this is a major joy in my friendship with Him.
Having earthly friends with whom I can be myself with is a real honor and joy. It really is cool to see how God uses earthly relationships to be an example of how He is all of that good relationship and then even way better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment