Monday, July 4, 2011

Thankful for Living This Very Day


My devotional today reminded me to praise and thank God continually today and to remember that even though we can't hear it, our earthly thanksgiving joins with choirs of angles in heaven who are continuously praising God and how our praise is distinctly audible there.

Today I was being thankful for the life God has put me in, and how humble I feel that I was given the privilege of being an American and living this 4th of July day of 2011.

There is nothing like a small town 4th of July parade.  I love the fire trucks, the kids in wagons, the candy being thrown, the streets lined with spectators, the Queen of This and That, the Veterans, the horses, the clowns, the bands...... I love it all.  I loved that we all wore flag shirts.  I loved that they gave out free flags to wave.  I loved that we took the dog with us to the parade.  I loved that Drew rode on Ted's shoulders and pulled the leaves off the trees as we walked there.  I loved that Will and I swung hands as we walked back to the car.  I loved that it was blasted hot and we went to the beach afterwards and had corn on the cob, steak and potato salad for dinner. The whole thing was Perfect.

As we drove home from the parade, I had one of those moments where I thanked God I got to live this day.  I felt so happy and blessed.  The kind of heartfelt gratitude that brought tears to my eyes.  I know my thanksgiving was indeed heard in heaven.  If I don't get to live another 4th of July ever again, I honestly told God 'Thank You' for letting me live this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment