A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
One-On-One Time with The Coach
Drew's t-ball coach is Mr. Starks, who happens to have been Zach's 2nd grade teacher at SSPP. Mr. Starks was, and still is, an awesome teacher; all the boys love him. So for Drew to get him as his t-ball coach was pretty awesome. Zach told Drew all about how lucky he was to be on Mr. Stark's Team!!
Because of that, Drew really admired Mr. Starks; he was shy in front of him, but always talked about him and loved any attention he gave him. For obvious reasons, Drew's favorite time was to go up to bat. Clearly he loves to hit the ball, but also it was cool to get that One on One Time with the Coach. Mr. Starks was SOOOO patient and really encouraged each player; and I was really impressed that he made sure to High-Five each kid as they came back to home plate and tell them "good job".
Today's devotional talked about how we are to really listen to our Father-God above the clamor around us and really know what it means to be a child of The King. How we need to be devoted to Him. How this devotion of ours to Him is such a joyous privilege that it feels like a luxury.
I can see that with an admired coach. How someone we see as so cool and awesome and would have such great advice that we feel privileged and honored to get to have One-On-One time with them and to be coached by them. How someone we admire would take the time to be interested in helping me I can see as a privilege that would feel like a luxury.
The innocence of being 3 is that you don't bring in any guilt, or shame to the mix. Drew knew how cool Mr. Starks was. He had been told how lucky and awesome his season would be. He believed it. He loved it. He lived every moment of it.... felt all kinds of emotions in it and didn't try to run from any of them. He sleeps with his trophy.
God I want to be like that! I want to listen to you like a 3 yr old. I want to love it that You are The King and to know I am worthy of Your One-On-One Time with me..... not because of anything I've done to deserve that Time, but simply because I'm on Your Team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment