Friday, July 8, 2011

Mistakes and Blessings


Catching Fireflies at 9:45 PM.  Way past bedtime!

"God is above time and circumstances" my devotional read.  I was thinking about how "circumstances" can very well be "Mistakes"; He is above Mistakes.  The devo talked abut how I need to seek His face and be able to set aside all other thoughts so that He can Bless me bountifully.... irregardless of time and my circumstances or mistakes.

Oh I tried so hard to be that kind of parent today.  It is so much easier to be the child that lets God be above time and circumstances and lets Him do the bountiful Blessing.  Today with William was on of those days where I really really have no idea how God does it.

So the first "circumstance" of the day was kinda easy to transcend.  Ted and I woke up to Will whispering to Ted about how to get water into the coffee pot because he wanted to make us coffee.  It wasn't too bad cleaning up the mess and be understanding about it because he had good intentions and a kindness with the whole thing.  It wasn't too bad drinking what he had made either.  :)  However, it all went downhill from there.

Somehow, God can go above my own daily messes, Mistakes and circumstances and still Bless me.  At least today I was able to rise above all of William's Mistakes and Bless him with one of those fun summer things of staying up super late and catching fireflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment