Zach and Will stayed home from school today. Why? Well........
This morning -about 5AM- Drew came into our room to say he was going to throw-up. That sentence gets any mom out of a deep sleep like nothing else!
We had indeed come into contact with an icky flu virus on Wed. and I was sure I was in for quite the day of cleaning up liquid from both ends of all 3 children. I didn't go to my morning Boot Camp, and called the school and told them I was keeping the boys home. I even called my mom and told her not to bring out the beloved Cousin Micah for Drew to play with.... I mean infect.
I didn't read my devotional until late this morning and read this..... "Trust Me and don't be afraid. Many things feel out of control. Your routines are not running smoothly...... when you are taken out of your comfortable routines, grip My hand tightly and look for growth opportunities."
After the Fort Building, we ALL had to work on some growth opportunities. The boys had to have some practice (and consequences to help with the practice) in "obeying the first time". I had some growth in "staying calm vs going over the edge".
The day ended well, with no sickness, and lots of growth.
Quite Unpredictable.
No comments:
Post a Comment