Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mind Control


As I sit here in my orange chair, this is what I noticed in the corner across the room.  That car on top is a very simple remote control car for Drew.  My devotional today was about letting God control my mind.  All I could think of for the day was Mind Control.

When I was talking to God about things today I told Him how negative that phrase sounded to me.  He smiled.  I told Him it really makes me think I'll have no control over my life;  Does that mean I'm like a robot or something? I ask.  I know it sounds funny when I say this, but I really got the feeling God was giving me that look I give my kids when they something WAY out of proportion and I raise my eyebrows a bit and say "really?".

The craziest thing about today was that my mind really was out of control with negative self-pitying thoughts.  Why wouldn't I want God to be more in control of my mind?  Mostly I am self centered and love control of practically everything, and of course I'm going to prickle to even just words that force me to look at myself in that light.

This week I have found myself in a situation where I can't control things -oh but I want to....and tried!  I can't fix things.  I can't make it happen.  I am aware of my mind racing out of control.....yet....tentatively being excited to stop trying to fix and control and instead see how God will show up.  I can't do it.....but God can!

"Man is the pinnacle of My creation....I risked all by granting you freedom to think for yourself...your thoughts defy your will and set themselves up against Me.....your mind is the last bastion of rebellion.....open yourself up to My radiant presence, letting My Light permeate your thinking.  When My Spirit is controlling your mind, you are filled with Life and Peace."

Lord, let Your Spirit Control my Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment