Sunday, April 10, 2011

Details


Today was Ted's Aunt Marge's Memorial.  This morning's devotional was to remind me that God knows  every detail of the day.  I love details.  It is cool to think about God loving details just as much or more than me, and that He plans them in my life.

I arrived at the Memorial and right away was sad I did not bring my "real" camera.  One thing I really enjoy is to photograph a special day for someone (births, weddings, funerals, birthdays etc).  I love to get the day in the details.  The beads on the dress, the hospital wristband of that new baby, the flowers, the candles, the colors:  Details.

While I didn't really know Aunt Marge well at all, her house was full of photographic details.  I could tell she loved details too.  I saw them in her gardening, sewing, weaving, knitting, crafty anything, art, and even out in the woods.  I found a relative that did bring his "real" camera, and I sought permission to take "a couple" shots.  I am sure it was under 50.  Ok for sure under 100.  :)   (Come on.... she had a loom!  You can't help but take cool shots of a loom. )

As we were getting ready to leave, I realized I had spent all my time taking shots of details with that other guy's camera and I didn't have a one for me.  I quick took this one of the pansies.  It was very clear that Gardening and flowers were things she really enjoyed doing, and someone had taken the time to plant these for today's occasion.

It really would be cool to get God's list of Details that he has planted for me.



PS   Happy Birthday Aunt Cinda!

.

1 comment:

  1. You are really cool Kim.
    Thanks for sharing your blog with my mom....she shared it with me.
    A great detail of delight to add to my day today!

    Love, Tressa

    ReplyDelete