A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Swimming Upstream
To say that Andrew is obsessed with anything sports/balls is an honest statement. My devotional today talked about how we often think life is "going well" and we feel in control of things, when our will and God's Will are lined up. Things flow well and we feel all good. Then other times we feel like we are swimming upstream because things are so out of synch. I so saw that tonight with poor Drew.
There must have be 20 kids there tonight. Drew was in heaven shooting hoops with his ball and the hoop down to a height he could manage. Even with the majority of the kids out playing with the hoops and balls, he can hold his own and stay focused and keep on "target" in his mind to keep shooting those hoops. All is well when his "will" and desires line up with everybody else's. Half way in the evening everybody else decided to play dodge ball. Fine for a while, but Drew couldn't stand it for long and then he wanted back at that hoop. Talk about swimming upstream. He was the only one out there still doing his thing with all the others off on other games.
Then it was time to go. Oh the horror. Oh the pain. Oh the swimming upstream! My will and his will were NOT flowing together well at all. Even out in the parking lot he dashes off to the outside hoop to get one last shot in.
I really had to laugh at how I am just like that! Just one more, Lord. Do I have to stop that really Lord? Are You sure? Right now? The devotional said "when that opposition of wills happens and you feel like you are swimming upstream, just stop and seek My face". It does help to get down on Drew's level and stop him long enough to talk calmly to him. Sometimes.
Hopefully Lord, I am a little more mature when You talk to me than my 3 year old is when I talk to him! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment