A picture a day and a devotional a day - for a year. An adventure in........Learning to be consistant; Experiencing God; Experiencing my family; Watching relationships grow.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Training
Today's devotional talked about being Trained in Steadiness. The word Trained caught my attention.
My friend Elizabeth has me training for a 25K. She is a great trainer, and a fun person to run with. She came up with a new rout for us today and was excited to try it....10 miles. We have a month left to train, and while I'm sure she knows what she is doing, I am feeling a tiny bit like I'm not going to make it! I had to tell Elizabeth "thanks for really dragging me along today", because she really did have to work hard to keep me going there at the end.
In my own Training for Steadiness I am in the middle of feeling dragged along. This idea of doing a devotional a day as well as a picture a day, is for sure a year long lesson in Steadiness. It started out really well and currently I'm running uphill against the wind with little bits of ice pelting my face. Much like we had this morning while we ran. One of those times when we said..... "if we had know it was going to be like this we wouldn't have run this AM!..... but we're committed now."
The ice thing only lasted about 20 min. The run only lasted about 2 hrs. The positive effects will last quite a bit longer. I'm sure that the Spiritual Positive effects of being Trained in Steadiness will last into eternity.
In the words of Dora from Nemo..... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming." Lord, help me to just keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment