Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Joy in the Everyday Tasks


Today's devotional was about finding the Joy of His presence in even the mundane tasks.  To be able to depend on God moment by moment...... not just in the "Big" things that are happening, but even more so in the little everyday things that happen.

I noticed my LAUNDRY sign today.  Clearly laundry was something "everyday" and so as I threw one load into the dryer, I saw its connection to the devotional (yes and went down to get my camera right then).

My mind shot back to a clear memory I have in my old house there in my sunny beautiful yellow laundry room off the kitchen.  I vividly remember breaking down and literally sitting on the floor crying because I wanted to be pregnant so badly.  I did one of those "promises" to God that I would "never" complain about the laundry -if only I could have a ton of it because of children.  I also have a memory of the first time I ever did any baby laundry and remember tears of thankfulness streaming down.

I made the sign one year at a camp event, as a remembrance thing to always be thankful and rejoice in any and all the laundry I have..... as it is all an indirect gift from God.  "I will rejoice and be glad in it" the sign reminds me.

Thank You Lord for the Joy of realizing You are even found in my laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment