Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Superhero Performance


Micah and Drew had the most excitement tonight when they found out that they both had Superhero pajamas to wear.  That 3 year old jump up and down yelling "yeah" for like a full 5 minutes.  I love how the simple things that make kids happy.  

Today I thought about how God loves me no matter what my performance is.  I loved this line in my devotional that said "your performance and My love are two totally different issues that you need to sort out".  What a great line.  We are never going to get our act all together.  We cannot,  cannot, cannot, give even a remotely close performance that would be good enough to meet all of God's standards.  Even a Superhero Performance wouldn't be good enough to meet all His requirements.  But that has NOTHING to do with His constant love for us.  

We need to sort that out.  It isn't complex, but it isn't easy to grasp either.  

I love my children because they are mine.  I love them when they are good and when they are bad.  I love them when they are funny and when they aren't.  I love them when they do smart things and when they don't.  

God loves me because I am His.  My performance....Superhero Performance or Superflop Performance..... doesn't change that.  AMEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment