Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Watching the World Go By


"Mom, let's just sit here and Watch the World Go By" Drew says to me today!  Wow.  I do say that phrase every once in a while, but not on a regular basis for me to know he got that from me.  Will came outside and took this photo of us (plus like 20 more of whatever he could while sitting in one spot with my camera).

Today in my devotional we were to think about waiting patiently and quietly in God's presence.  Learning that being in a hurry keeps the eyes of our heart earthbound.  Always looking at ourselves and what is our hurry of the day.  Having our minds be quiet and still enough for us to hear the still small voice of God is something we need to be aware of.

When Drew said that to me about just sitting and Watching the World Go By, my mind instantly thought of the 10 things I had to get done in the next 45 minutes before our evening activities started.  Bottom line; I was in a hurry.

Ok, so while I did sit with Drew for 15 minutes and we laid on our backs and watched the clouds and a  couple of birds and some cars, I wasn't really sitting in God's presence quietly waiting for His still small voice.  I did see the connection of World, hurry, and self, however, and realized that it was going to be a bigger lesson for me then one day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment