Saturday, September 10, 2011

Never Too Far Away


Yes.  That is Drew STILL in his soccer t-shirt from Thursday night.  He has pulled it out of the dirty clothes and worn it every day -and slept in it too.  Sometimes I don't fight battles that are not all that important to win.

My devotional was about how God is Never Too Far Away from us that we cannot get back to Him.  Mostly I though of that shirt.  It is never far from Drew these days.  When something is important to us, we keep it close.

Lord, I want you as close to me and as important to me as that shirt is to Drew.  I know that is will always be MY issue if I feel far from You.  The reality is that You are NEVER Too Far from me.

I was thinking of the shirt analogy idea and it just doesn't really work to think of God being in the dirty clothes and I just have to pull Him out if I feel far from Him.  :)   Good thing that if I find He doesn't feel near to me, I just have to call His name.  That's a lot easier than the dirty clothes thing.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment